RugerShop's "attic treasures"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Noticed this morning that a section of "attic treasures" has been added to the RugerShop. It's stuff "found in the attic at Newport. (I'd LOVE to rummage around there) Just grips for Security Sixes and Speed Sx but neat to see them available brand new in the original packages.
Just for fun and I'd never seen them packaged as such before, but mostly just for fun :lol: I ordered the 6 pack.

19940_L.jpg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I'd never heard of such a package and had never seen such grip boxes even singularly. Debated on getting another 6-pack but didn't want to be greedy. Just thought it interesting from a collectable standpoint so why not. :lol:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Hmmm...223 views and no comments. I guess chet15 and I are the only two that think this is pretty neat.

chet15

Hawkeye
Yes, they are a neat package. If it were the set of six 10/22 magazines in its own larger box, there'd probably be a lot more people after them.
Chet15

they had so MANY of those grips ( as I recall Sile made them for Ruger),
and recently CDNN closed out a huge amount of the RST/Mk I wood grips, they went for as low as $6.99 a pair...we had LOTS of the oversized targ grips for the secutiry Sixes,and they never were a GOOD seller, sold 'em cheap, I think Ruger got them in about the time they discontinued making the Security Six line, Sooooo, basically were "stuck" with them...some vendors were NOT the quickest in delivery,drove the old man "nuts".....
10/22 'stuff' would have went out the door fast as they got it........
with so many plants ( properties) and buildings, never know what coild be tucked away in a corner, on a shelf or n a cabinet, let alone an "attic"??? sound s more of a "marketing" gimmick to us.........found in the "atttic" ???who ever put them there should have been fired........ 8)
But then again, with LOTS of "old folks" on the payroll, they probably "forgot" :roll: ( hey I resemble that remark....) :shock:

I can see the RST grips selling cheap. I bought a set for my RST-4 back in the day and the wood was so soft you parctically had to wear gloves when you handled it to keep from knocking the diamonds off the checkering.

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey they "CLEANED OUT" the 6 packs of 10/22 magazines several years ago........I bought 3 of them from a guy at the LGS....said he gottem from RUGER in a closeout sale.....I believe I paid 50 a box.....RR

Ordered a box also. Have to try out a pair. I seen them in Mini 14 mags in the white box and I bought 4 Ruger 40 S&W mags in plain white boxes a few years ago.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Mine was on permanent hold because, when offered the choice, I chose USPS shipping to my PO box. Turns out, they only send orders under $100 through the mail. So instead of asking me for my street address, they put the order in limbo. I think it is all worked out now. The girl I talked to said the problem might be that the person who takes care of such stuff (The Unholder?) has been out sick this week.