Bearcat Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
When were the Alphabet guns made? I am curious what year an M and J gun would have been made.

Also.... does anyone know what number range would have been in 1961?

Thanks!

contender

Ruger Guru
Alphabet guns started in 1958,, and were done by 1960. "M & J" would have been 1959. For 1961 serial number range; 5600 to 17467.

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
contender said:
Alphabet guns started in 1958,, and were done by 1960. "M & J" would have been 1959. For 1961 serial number range; 5600 to 17467.

Thank you!

flatgate

Hawkeye
Here's the person you need to visit with! The Queen and her 'cats!

317960851.jpg

flatgate

flatgate

Hawkeye
RugerBoi said:
So Flatgate, who is the Queen of Bearcats, for those of us that are kinda newbys at the Ruger thing...Greg

You'll need to contact a certain Gentleman from Tennessee for any further information. I'll share one more hint, he's a very famous collector of .44 cal. Ruger revolvers.

Have you not been paying attention during class? :D Been reading those books on Rugers instead?

:D

flatgate

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: What I remember for sure about Bearcats, is when I got C001 new in the box here in Boise, someone who knew Rugers a lot better than me (I'm a late to the party guy) said "Don't let that pretty southern lady see that"! I don't think anyone ever said "Who". Lets see Tennessee....Now I'm gonna have to go home and dig out my old store bought Collector's journals and sleuth some...RB Oh and about reading Ruger Books...yes! That dang OldRugerMan has coerced me into long guns! Here I was an innocent RSS collector and met Ruger(Randy) and happen to have an employee that wanted to sell a nice #1 who had a Dad that wanted to sell a nice #1 and now I'm face down in more books!!! And I've got more Flatbolts than I have #1's....and a set of #3's, heck yess I'm reading and esssplainin to Lucy, I mean SWWBO that these really are a good investment and NO I don't have to sell one to Prove It!!!RB

Latest posts