Co-Worker's OM Single Six?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The Preacher

Single-Sixer
A co-worker of mine showed me his OM Single Six the other day. Says he wants to sell it because it's too long to carry. I looked at it and indeed it is too long to carry! I know very little about Single Sixes but from my books it's a RSS9X. (two cylinders) Serial number is 20-23834 which put it at 1969 manufacture date. 9 1/2" bbl. and is conservatively 97-98 %. It is however missing the cylinder pin screw/spring unit. No box or any other goodies. Can someone here give me a ball park figure as to price? Are the longer bbl. OM Sixes more collectible? "The Book" says that 26, 770 of these were made so I'm guessing there isn't much of a premium here. I may spring for it (or help him sell it) but the darn thing is so long I doubt I'd ever do anything with it. Any help would be appreciated.

The Preacher

flatgate

Hawkeye
The "base pin latch" is nickel/dime stuff. No worry. RSS9's are way cool.
No, you don't carry them around, you shoot them!

132835047.jpg

$400-$500 gun, IMHO, depending on exact condition.

flatgate

Johnnu2

Hunter
+1 to Flatgate's estimate ...parts are easy to find and install.....assuming it 's not "converted"...........

The Preacher

Single-Sixer
I'm considering it...but I'd have to pass it on. No need for a 9 1/2" Single Six. Depends on what I'll have to put into it and what I can get out of it. Still pending.

The Preacher