Ruger Mark 1 Pistol Question?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

deserttrans

Buckeye
Can someone post pics of tapered ear vs regular on Stadards and Mark 1 please? Also how about the tapered bolt stop? Your help is appreciated.

street

Hunter
This is what a MK-I, T514 tapered bolt looks like. Someone else will have to post a picture of a regular bolt as I don't have a picture of one. As you can see it tapers from the rear of the "ears" to the front of the "ears"

381369290.jpg

deserttrans

Buckeye
Tnx street. I have a regular and suspected this is how the ear tapered. But needed verification. Have not been much into the pistols. Thanks again for the pic.

chet15

Hawkeye
The tapered bolt stop is pretty easy to visualize. Most bolt stops stick up out of the top rear of the receiver behind the rear sight as a fully rounded stub, sometimes flat on top. Early round bolt stops were flat on top and had a 45-degree angle going downward toward the receiver, but still...the round bolt stop is symetrical.
the tapered bolt stop is high at the rear and dips below the receiver at its most forward part. The design is presumed to have come from early prototype Mark I production when the rear sight overhung the bolt stop on a couple of those prototypes and the bolt stop needed to be tapered in order to clear the rear overhang of that Micro rear sight. The tapered bolt stop is seen on most autos between about 13-30000 and 13-55000 which includes some early Liberty marked guns.
Chet15

radicalrod

Hunter
Chet's book explains all these details :lol: :lol: :lol: even better when the AUTHOR answers your questions :shock: :shock: :shock: I own a well worn copy.......CHET, you need to do a reprint with an addendum for the new stuff.....I know I would buy one.....see ya RR

flatgate

Hawkeye
radicalrod said:
Chet's book explains all these details .......CHET, you need to do a reprint with an addendum for the new stuff.....I know I would buy one.....see ya RR

Yeah, me, too and I don't even have any Autos. Well, maybe one....

17-00100-1.jpg

flatgate

street

Hunter
flatgate said:
radicalrod said:
Chet's book explains all these details .......CHET, you need to do a reprint with an addendum for the new stuff.....I know I would buy one.....see ya RR

Yeah, me, too and I don't even have any Autos. Well, maybe one....

17-00100-1.jpg

flatgate

Flatgate! You need two of them, serial number 0100, and 15100 :wink: