new TALO .44 special model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
Anybody seen the new stainless Bilsey New Vaquero in .44 Special? Well, this one's kind of slipped under the radar and I can't find much about it yet, although it is in the marketplace. It has a 4-5/8" barrel and I'm told its a TALO offering. Didn't see it listed anywhere on Lipsey's yet either.
Chet15

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Ooo sorry I thought I'd mentioned this one to you. Ahh yeah, I do believe it's a TALO thing so Lipsey's, Davidson's Camfour should be able to get them.

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Chet,

The latest ones I've seen and just got one is the NV-44S with a 4-5/8" barrel, model # 5147.

It has a blued twin too (5148), but these aren't Bisleys. They are for Lipsey's.

If there is a Bisley coming out, bad news cause its going to be another have to have .44 special!

chet15

Hawkeye
From everybody's feedback or lack thereof on this one, I'm now wondering if this was a phantom sighting by the individual who thought he saw it. Will keep everybody in touch on this one.
Chad

chet15

Hawkeye
OK...here's what I've found out so far. The person who saw this jotted it down in his notes as a KRBNV-444 which to me means stainless New Vaquero with Bisley Grip frame and in .44 Special.
But then he also wrote down a serial number of 520-23680 which is supposed to be a flattop serial number.
So....I think he really saw a TALO stainless .44 Special flattop with 4-5/8" barrel and non-Bisley grip frame.
Chet15

Unconverted

Single-Sixer
I'm just waiting for the valve to open! A 4 5/8" would be fine, but a 5 1/2" would be even better. This would be an everyman's No. 5. It would be the first firearm I'd consider having engraved.

chet15

Hawkeye
Lipsey's got back with me and the gun seen was indeed a blue .44 Special Bisley flatop with 4-5/8" barrel.
So nothing new.
Chet15

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
From Chet15's reply, I think that means it is a RNVB-444-SPL, model# 5236 ?

Tend to Google model and catalog numbers to see what these things are, and having the numbers is a big help from my perspective.

That's one of the reasons I really like the pocket reference of Ruger firearms as it helped me understand the catalog and model numbers you see.

Hope this help others here too.

chet15

Hawkeye
mattsbox99 said:
What about the Stainless Bisley Super Blackhawk Vaquero Flattop Hunter .44 Special, or KRBNVSH-444S for short? :D

Funny. You forgot the HP on the end of the catalog number denoting "High Polish". :shock:
Chet15

Unconverted

Single-Sixer
Still waiting for confirmation that someone scored one of these... and photos of course!

chet15

Hawkeye
Unconverted said:
Still waiting for confirmation that someone scored one of these... and photos of course!

It doesn't exist. The sighting wasn't exactly a hoax...the person who said he saw it was obviously confused as most of us are when it comes to the myriad of new Ruger models that have come out in the last couple years.
Chet15

Unconverted

Single-Sixer
I guess I'll bide my time. Guaranteed if I have a custom one built, a factory one will be offered within three months.

Ruger, Inc. I hope you are monitoring this thread!

RJim

Bearcat
I recently acquired the KNVB-444 which is the stainless flattop .44 Special, w/ 4 5/8" bbl. It was part of a Talo production run of 1,000 units. They finished this run in Aug, 2010. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I absolutely love the feel of it. It reminds me of two Rugers I had back in the 1960's.