An Old LightWeight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pretty cool old Walnuts.
413504611.jpg

413504610.jpg

413507249.jpg

Another Tri-Color with added factory walnuts (I like them with Walnuts)
413514525.jpg

street

Hunter
That is not a nice Lightweight!!!!! THAT IS A GREAT LIGHTWEIGHT!!!!! look at the cylinder, little to almost no chipping. Look at the barrel. Most lightweight that I have seen will have very light bluing on the barrel, even the mint ones the bluing is very light blue and is one of the first thing to wear and start to turn that rust color that most used Lightweight have. That barrel looks great, and still looks blue. That gun and a box and paperwork is what every serious Ruger collector is looking for. A Lightweight in that shape is as hard to find as the box. Thanks for sharing.

street

Hunter
Gary! I see a little bit of green on that box where most of those Lightweight boxes have black. That little bit of green is what made that variation go to $2000 on E-bay just for the box. :wink: That is easily a $3000 +++++ package. Thanks for showing it with it's box.

radicalrod

Hunter
I LOVE the BOX......sweet looking LW too....I paid a little more than STREET says for mine though the box is numbered to the gun.....GDOG is the box numbered to this gun as I see it is a 4 digit serial number ? RR

street

Hunter
radicalrod said:
I LOVE the BOX......sweet looking LW too....I paid a little more than STREET says for mine though the box is numbered to the gun.....GDOG is the box numbered to this gun as I see it is a 4 digit serial number ? RR
You noticed that I had a few "+" added to that $3000 price tag. The package that you have and the one that Gary has just don't come up for sale very often. Mint Lightweights with the boxes are one of the hardest Rugers to find. And I might add they are one of the prettiest packages to find. Nothing looks as good as a Mint Lightweight with a green wreath box. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Street
I agree they are one of the nicest packages. I just wish there were more of them available. I've never had a complete with shipper package.

Rod - Your not getting this one. In fact you owe me a box if I remember correctly. :shock: :lol: - Pay up.

radicalrod

Hunter
jussbad said:
Street
I agree they are one of the nicest packages. I just wish there were more of them available. I've never had a complete with shipper package.

Rod - Your not getting this one. In fact you owe me a box if I remember correctly. :shock: :lol: - Pay up.

Well if I do you need to remind me what and why....my CSR has been flaring up lately :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: what's that old saying....I would rather owe you than cheat you.....

I have 1 green wreath and am happy to own it.....I only have 1 LW in the box with shipper but it happens to be an S gun :D :!: :idea:

It was worth a try. :wink: Thought you might be getting soft w/grandkids and all. Juss remember when you find an old LW box and pass it along this way. I need another, two, three or four...
radicalrod said:
jussbad said:
Street

Well if I do you need to remind me what and why....my CSR has been flaring up lately :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: what's that old saying....I would rather owe you than cheat you.....

I have 1 green wreath and am happy to own it.....I only have 1 LW in the box with shipper but it happens to be an S gun :D :!: :idea: