Bearcat that was a true 2 digit

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigbore45colt

Hunter
radicalrod said:
I think it went on the cheap end of the scale.....I wish I got mine for that......RR

I totally agree, Rod. But if we Ruger Collectors keep knocking down the value of our guns, they'll all go for cheap.

BB45C

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Well, might as well fess up, I'm the new proud owner and your nice and very knowledgeable comments make me feel even better about it. I wasn't going to go any higher and was surprised it didn't go higher; so was wondering if I overpaid a might, done that before. I've had two Bearcats in the past, one an Alphacat, but had sold both to raise cash to buy other things. I had decided I wouldn't go after another unless it was a 2 or 3 digit gun and up comes this one, so there 'ya go. Now, I'll be watching for a box and undated manual to go with it.
HH

Well, RENE puts "pristine" Bearcats at $1800. This one shows a little honest wear/handling and it went for $1475. Seems about right, or am I missing something?

If you serious collectors believe it went so cheap, how come you didn't bid it up? Not being sarcastic here. Is the price guide wrong? Am I wrong in my observation? What?

:)

PS Congrats on a nice score, HH.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hi I was bidding and just went into a moment where I said DO I REALLY NEED IT and also thinking I was bidding against a new guy that was going to bid it to the sky so I quit I already have four 2 digit cats I do think it went for a reasonable price as I recall I bid it up to $1300 so that's my story Congratulations to you and enjoy your new kitty kat

Gramps

flattop44

Buckeye
Good catch HH, they are indeed hard to come by. I am happy to hear that a member got it and got a good deal too!

Ale-8, remember, the RENE says collectible condition for pre-1970 guns is considered to be in the "95% to 98%" condition and that is where that average price is derived from. That is not really "pristine/mint" which certainly can go considerably higher. As you know, there can even be a lot of $$$s between a 95% gun and a 98% gun. I look at the RENE $1,800 in this case as kind of an average between those two %s. JMHO.
FT44

flattop44 said:
Good catch HH, they are indeed hard to come by. I am happy to hear that a member got it and got a good deal too!

Ale-8, remember, the RENE says collectible condition for pre-1970 guns is considered to be in the "95% to 98%" condition and that is where that average price is derived from. That is not really "pristine/mint" which certainly can go considerably higher. As you know, there can even be a lot of $$$s between a 95% gun and a 98% gun. I look at the RENE $1,800 in this case as kind of an average between those two %s. JMHO.
FT44

Yes, Sir, I understand all that. But when three of the Big Dawgs claim something went "too cheap" I cannot help but wonder why one of ya didn't jump on that puppy. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I realize it's not in the condition you guys usually pursue, but still . . . a TWO-DIGIT 'CAT!!! Yow! It's out of my price range as it sold, but boy, I'd sure take it home and love it, "experience" and all.

JMHO
:mrgreen:

street

Hunter
Ale-8(1)! When you already have one, or 2, or 5 or more. :roll: Then you become picky, and only buy another if it is mint and in the box. I kind of think that, that is the reason that the big daugs didn't jump on this gun. If they didn't have a single, 2 digit Bearcat then that gun would have gone for a lot more. :wink:

radicalrod

Hunter
Looks like we need more "BIG DOGS" to get into RUGER COLLECTING......

I wonder how high it would have went if I had the consecutive numbered gun :roll: :roll: :roll:

Congrats to H H ......I have a couple so no need to be selfish and chase every one....I like to share....RR

OK . . . I am thoroughly chastised and will retire to the porch and continue to watch and learn . . . and wish I could have bid on that tired ol' two-digit 'Cat.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Well, I received the gun on Tuesday and I'll tell you, it looks way better then in the pictures posted on Gunbroker; needless to say I was very pleasantly surprised. Seller said it was a good looking piece and it surely is, guess I'll keep it and cherish it as it should be. My heartfelt thanks to all those who didn't bid on it.
HH