Desert Eagles

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pruger45

Blackhawk
The 1911 U is a 3 inch barreled 1911 style in 45 acp. I have 100 rounds through it so far and it shoots like a champ!

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Had one (polished blue) in 50AE when Sports Authority sold out their cutomer base & got out of the handgun business. They clearanced it for $749 at the time, and I bought dies and a bunch of ammo where I found it. Never practiced enough to get "good" enough to hunt with (its intended purpose). A couple dozen rounds was a brutal day at the bench.

DE/Magnum Research sold some other models made by others, I have no experience with them but understand their contracting standards used to be quite high. Last I knew, BUL Industries in Israel (which has built 1911 guns for a couple decades) made the 1911 models for branding by DE. I read that since 2014 DE has contracted Cabela's to retail their guns in the USA. Good reviews. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnum_Research

contender

Ruger Guru
I've never collected them,, or actually owned any. But I did allow one to live here for many months while back. It was in 44 mag, with caliber conversions in 357 & 41 mag. I shot it some. It was not my first time shooting any of them either. Not bad guns,,, but not my cup of tea.