Hawkeye (and other) scope mount

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
I posted this pic in the Revolver Section too. Anybody have one of these scope mounts they'd sell? I'd like to pick up at least one, maybe two if anybody knows where one is! Pic is from the front cover of Dec. 1962 Guns & Ammo.

Coogs

Maximum
Good luck in your quest! I think that mount is scarcer then hen's teeth. Only have ever seen one, and that was back in the 80's and I think it was mounted on serial #13 or X13 Hawkeye that was in a display of Clair Ellsberry's (sic) But today with the internet I think you'll have better luck than back then. Coogs.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
T.A. WORKMAN said:
I am sure when spitzs see's your post he will be familiar with that mount.
Terry

I HONESTLY DO NOT RECALL :roll: IF I ACTUALLY HAVE ONE OF THAT TYPE. I DO REMEMBER US DISCUSSING THIS MOUNT ON THE FORUM SOME YEARS AGO. If I DO OWN ONE, IT I PROBABLY "BURIED" IN ONE OF THE BOXED HAWKEYES IN THE LABYRINTH........... 8)

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Found said mount in my "stuff"..........Finally combined all my Bushnell Hawkeye scopes and associated mount bases and Bushnell #76-2829 stud mount rings into one box. May have additional "stuff" in individual Hawkeye Single Shot factory boxed setups........... 8)

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
HAWKEYE#28 said:
Found said mount in my "stuff"..........Finally combined all my Bushnell Hawkeye scopes and associated mount bases, and Bushnell #76-2829 stud mount rings into one box.(which I prefer, but that take a flat bottomed Phantom scope.......... May have additional "stuff" in individual Hawkeye Single Shot factory boxed setups........... 8)
Have to go thru all the boxed guns to further investigate :p

ADDER: I am not sure if mine is for a Single Six rimfire or a Blackhawk. The tin clamp base has only one hole in the tin, not three as shown in the photo above. Will have to figure out how it mounts, tho I have some ideas and no printed instructions as I do with all the other Phantom materials I have collected over the past 40 years 8)

Latest posts