One of my "Very Rare" Single Six Gems!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Here's one of my gems thats needs a fan club, 1961, first run of "D" guns in Single Six. Ser. # 181870, Chad book states no more then 250 made. And listed as Very Rare!....Chad...feel free to chime in....enjoy....Scott

hittman

Staff member
Good find Scott!

Wonder how many people just casually glance at this as another common Single Six and walk right on by? Thank goodness for RENE! Keen eye Scott ..... keep rooting 'em out!

chet15

Hawkeye
Yes, a great gun Scott! I presume that one letters as LR only? The 250 estimate is for the variation shipped as RSS5W
Either way, both variations are real sleepers.
Chet15

hittman

Staff member
Don Garlitz said:
I wonder if a current letter from Ruger would spell out if it came with rubber grips? I bet not . :(

When I wanted a letter on my "S" fixed site Security Six I sent a cover letter asking if they would please consider doing a little research on it. I offered to pay them for their time and efforts. I received in return TWO letters, the standard form type reply and another letter with detailed explanation, hand signed, on different letterhead, etc.

chet15

Hawkeye
mr.deerstalker said:
We should start a sticky on these, pair up a few or con ser#....hell. there only 250 or less of them...Scott

If shipped with rubber grips, it should letter as RSS5R.
And actually, those folks wanting to save a little $ when ordering would have went with the LR only model...and could save another $1 by getting that with rubber grips.
Chet15

radicalrod

Hunter
Heck yes let's get some paired up as I don't have a consecutive set of these.....YET :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I have one somewhere I need to dig up the serial number....RR