Ruger value ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

neamos

Bearcat
Hi all, I am a new member and looking for some help. I would like to sell one of my Rugers. It is a M77 MKII in 7.62x39, stainless steel, synthetic stock. I understand Ruger stopped making this particular chambering in the M77 a few years ago. I have the original box too. It is in very good condition. Please give some feedback on what I should ask for it. I plan on putting it on gun broker but I am not sure of the value. Any help is appreciated..... Nick

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
While I wish I could offer help,,, I'm not a good one to ask about the rifles. But maybe someone will come along soon & offer some good advice.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Welcome. A few years ago they were selling for $700 or so. Since you're the seller, I'd ask at least $1500 as a starting point for dickering.

Also, I'd try to sell it locally first instead of one of the auction sites. FTF thru your local newspaper Classifieds, if your State permits private sales without a NICS/dealer involvement.

pete44ru

Hunter

Welcome to the forum !

The reality, regarding it's true value, is how much $$$ someone will actually be willing to pay you for it, again [TODAY.

Local sales have a limited exposure to prospective buyers, so I always place my guns F/S on gunbroker, always starting the 7-day (no longer) auction @ $0.01, and let the market determine the value.

Nervous types can always specify a hidden Reserve price, add a BIN (Buy-It-Now) price, or make the opening/starting bid at a more comfortable dollar amount.

I've always had excellent results, but I also place many clear pics of the gun in the ad, along with a full description that includes full disclosure of any non-factory details, changes and/or defects. (I read many other successful descriptions to get a handle on how to phrase my description/etc)