( * ) New Bearcat

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sam Johnson

Blackhawk
S BC4 New Bearcat with * pre fix serial number . Only a few of these have been reported but should be more of them out there . Another cat to hunt.

as the stamping on the end label states "Used gun" the asterisk is the latest of the returns, used, seconds, whatever one prefers to call them, started out with the "S" , the "U" and the last ones we see are the 'asterisk' guns used at shows, seminars, conventions (shoots like Vandalia ,Ohio, ) etc........

and then there are the "D" ( duplicates) and so it goes, on and on, and on........... :roll:

Nice find Sam :wink:

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I have a 77/50 Officers Model that has same mark. I was told by seller that mark meant it was a "Show" piece. It was new and unfired, although she sold it as used. It didn't bring much on GunBroker. But ,it was NIB. Her father had some connection to Ruger factory,,,as I remember her telling me.

chet15

Hawkeye
daveg.inkc said:
I have a 77/50 Officers Model that has same mark. I was told by seller that mark meant it was a "Show" piece. It was new and unfired, although she sold it as used. It didn't bring much on GunBroker. But ,it was NIB. Her father had some connection to Ruger factory,,,as I remember her telling me.

Yeah...it could have been a "show" piece. All of the guns Ruger uses for their trade shows such as NRA and SHOT are refurbished and then given the factory "second" or "Used" gun classification. They could also be guns that were sent out for testing, or sent for contract purposes and then returned, or even salesman sample guns that were finally returned. Today I'm told that Ruger isn't even marking the boxes, let alone the guns.
Chet15