7mm-08

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rascal123

Bearcat
I would appreciate any and all feedback regarding a Ruger No. 1 I have owned for over 20 years. My No. 1 is chambered in 7mm-08. I know this caliber has not been offered in the No. 1 in a very long time. I have been told my rifle is rare but just how rare I do not know. The company has been no help in this matter. Does anyone have any information at all regarding the No. 1 in this caliber? It is blued steel with a very nice walnut stock and is in excellent condition. I would appreciate very much any assistance. Thanks.

chet15

Hawkeye
rascal123 said:
I would appreciate any and all feedback regarding a Ruger No. 1 I have owned for over 20 years. My No. 1 is chambered in 7mm-08. I know this caliber has not been offered in the No. 1 in a very long time. I have been told my rifle is rare but just how rare I do not know. The company has been no help in this matter. Does anyone have any information at all regarding the No. 1 in this caliber? It is blued steel with a very nice walnut stock and is in excellent condition. I would appreciate very much any assistance. Thanks.

My notes for the 1A in 7mm/08 show that there were 93 made about 1989. The only serial number in my notes for this one is 132-85860.
Info from the "Reference of Ruger Firearms".
Please send me a PM on your serial number so I can add to the reference.
Thanks!!
Chet15

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
PROBABLY A GUN FROM THE SLOAN'S DISTRIBUTORSHIP. I SPENT A LOT OF TIME DISCUSSING #1'S IN THE LATE 80'S WITH THE THEN GENERAL MGR, ROB WALSER. FINE MAN AND HE SPENT LOTS OF TIME SCHEMING WITH WBR. THE 38 55 AND 218 BEE WERE THEIR BRAIN CHILD. ROB TOLD ME HE FOLLOWED THE RUGER INVENTORIES EVERY MONDAY AND BOUGHT THE UNCOMMON RIFLES, ALA, 300 H&H(1S), SS HORNETS, AND 7MM 08(ALL IN #1A). SADLY, IT APEARED THAT SLOAN'S WENT UNDER AND NEVER REAPPEARED.

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
HAWKEYE#28 said:
PROBABLY A GUN FROM THE SLOAN'S DISTRIBUTORSHIP. I SPENT A LOT OF TIME DISCUSSING #1'S IN THE LATE 80'S WITH THE THEN GENERAL MGR, ROB WALSER. FINE MAN AND HE SPENT LOTS OF TIME SCHEMING WITH WBR. THE 38 55 AND 218 BEE WERE THEIR BRAIN CHILD. ROB TOLD ME HE FOLLOWED THE RUGER INVENTORIES EVERY MONDAY AND BOUGHT THE UNCOMMON RIFLES, ALA, 300 H&H(1S), SS HORNETS, AND 7MM 08(ALL IN #1A). SADLY, IT APEARED THAT SLOAN'S WENT UNDER AND NEVER REAPPEARED.
Maybe from buying up all those rare No. 1s! :wink: