Pawn Shop Find

Help Support Ruger Forum:

clocks

Bearcat
We were early for an appointment today so I stopped by a local shop and found this SC6 with extras.Paid 360 OTD it's about 98 % I think.Did I pay to much? I don't collect these just could not pass it up.
Leon
RugerSC6001.jpg

RugerSC6002.jpg

RugerSC6003.jpg

RugerSC6004.jpg

bisley32

Single-Sixer
Yes,way to much.You better sell it to me to recover your losses!LOL I have been watching for one of these and the ones I've seen have been well over $400.Nice find,and good buy.JMO

americal

Hunter
WOW :!: :!: a nice fine--I just could NOT shoot this gun :) A real collectors package--I'd sell it or put it up and get a shooter gun but just my opinion--getting harder to fine--Thats a Sturm-Ruger om--just ain't no more being made :lol: such great condition 8)

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
I have one of them damn things NIB. Never been fired other than the factory. I keep saying I'm a shooter not a collector. Have a damn Old Model .41mag in the same condition, along with a few off brand guns too. One of these days I'll decide if I should shoot or sell. :lol:

You did good on what you bought.

Dana

wproct

Single-Sixer
You did well. Very nice revolver complete with all the boxes and paperwork, NICE!

clocks

Bearcat
WOW Guys,thanks for all the kind comments.
I have a lot of 22 magnum ammo and thought this might be a chance to use some of it. Now I am not to sure?? maybe put it away and start looking again. Thanks again---Leon

mattsbox99

Hunter
You'll never get any enjoyment out of it if you don't shoot it. .22LR is pretty easy on the gun and the Single Six is a little overbuilt so you'll be just fine shooting it. Remember to cock the hammer fully and let down on an empty chamber, don't let it down from half cock notch to avoid the turn line.

Wipe it down with a silicone or other soft cloth after handling to prevent acids from your sweat causing pitting and rust.

You got a great package there, and you got a great price!

AjayTaylor

Bearcat
Really a great deal, and a sweet Ruger. It must be nice to get everything in a nice neat package. Counting the box and paperwork, I think that You gave about $250 for the Ruger. Really great! Well done!
I like the 6-1/2" barrel. My first gun when I was 18 was a Bicentennial Stainless 6-1/2". I dropped a squirrel offhand at about 50 yards the first week that I had it. I've never matched that range since, but I thought that it was a magic gun. I soon was back to reality when I missed a few 15 yard shots soon after.

I have my Dad's old Flatgate now, and that one darn near is a magic gun. Pretty hard to miss with that one.

wizofwas

Buckeye
AJGUNNER said:
I am I the only one that noticed the original post was in the spring of 2011???? :lol:

That was a fair price back then---would be a pretty good deal now.

Yep, you are the only one. Or at least the only one that responded. I don't usually look at the original post date.