OM RSS5X W/ Double Stamped Barrel Address

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lovemydals

Buckeye
Just heard about a Ruger Old Model Single-Six Convertible with a double stamped barrel address. I have not seen it yet. So, the information I have was obtained over the phone from the owner. As I gather more information, I will pass it on. I will see it next month at the Big Reno gun show in Nevada & the owner is holding it for me until then, as I have first rights to it & I'm not sure if I will buy it.

Here it is;

RSS5X
s/n 474845 (1967)
barrel address has Inc
"Ruger .22 CAL. SINGLE-SIX" rollmark
both cylinders
no box
90% condition (estimated)

Question. Would the double stamped barrel address add value? The owner wants to determine a fair value. Thanks!

lmd

lmd, wish you luck, over the years we have NEVER had anyone "commit" to any give, set value to 'errors', double rollmarkings, etc,,,,yes, my wife had at one time many of these manufacturing anomolies, even cylinders with missing chambers, as well as missing logos and rollmarks,,,,,she sold them ALL< never kept any as there was not a proper value put to them, just "interest" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, me and most of the folks I know, if there was something WRONG , we sent it back and got a new one or had it corrected....... :roll:

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
I agree with Dan. One with double stamped frame listed on GB 5 times and finally sold for $310. It's an oddity but .....

chet15

Hawkeye
I agree on all of the above. Interesting, but not interesting enough to develop much additional value of say $50? But at 90% that premium is hurt a little as well.
Now if it had two different rollmarks on the barrel, that would be pretty interesting. One of our neighbors as I was growing up brought a 342xxx range 6-1/2" Single-Six to us once that had a double stamped frame rollmark. The normal Single-Six frame rollmark was stamped over a .22 Mag. rollmarking.
Chet15

lovemydals

Buckeye
Finally was able to examine this RSS5X & yes indeed, there is a double stamped barrel address. It's very clearly distinguishable too. Wasn't able to get a photo (gun show rules prohibited it). Condition was better than previously reported. Very faint turn line on the 22 LR cylinder. Some holster wear on the muzzle. The 22 Mag cylinder had the last three digits of the s/n etched on the face. No box. Didn't buy it. And still available as of yesterday.

lmd