Chrome plated "Ross" 357 Flattop

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JCW64

Single-Sixer
Looking at the serial number and the front sight I would say this is a "Ross" variation of the type 1 357 Flattops that someone has modified?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=440005827

If that's 15359, it's a Ross. I cannot say for sure that's the number, though. If you have a better view, please confirm.

Not sure I understand your comment about modification?

:)

JCW64

Single-Sixer
The SN does appear to be 15359 to my eyes and as far as the modifications, the front sight and base pin are correct, but the ejector rod has been replaced,it should be square serrated and possibly the trigger, it doesn't seem curved enough as the early ones should be. And, it's been chromed.

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
You guys are ruining me! I am just bumping it around to see where the reserve is and I found it! I was not going to bid again and just waited for you guys to bump me. Heck I bought it! :lol:
I don't do handguns; not much anyway. :?

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
The Seller does say that it had the smoothest action of any old model Ruger he had handled. Wow! The only "plated" Ross 357.
Even though I do have a "few" handguns, and have had and sold a whole lot more, I have never owned a Ross 357 Blackhawk. :D

Well, the "only" one on Bob's List anyway.

Of the 800-something potential Ross guns, The List only has 80 . . . or 10%.

That said, it's still a very unique piece at what I'd call a fantastic price, considering.

:)

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
RR,
Will do on the Chrome Ross. You get a pink ROCS shirt and wear it at Tulsa for at least one pic and I will pay for it! Shot my mouth off over on the ROCS Forum and it will cost me. :p

Tucsonite

Single-Sixer
Well I can't remember if I played with this Ross, I will have to find my numbers somewhere on a external hard drive, but it looks in the white to me. could just be the pictures. I dont see the yellow tint in the finish that Nickel shows. Excellent buy Lee I like it :D

Tucsonite

Single-Sixer
what makes me think its in the white is the screw slots appear to still be blued.

pix383375060_zps719538c0.jpg

here is one I chrome plated

150-5018_IMG.jpg