What's Your "Holy Grail" Gun That You Actually HAVE?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Snake45

Hawkeye
Oh my, those Korths are nice. I've never even seen, much less shot one, but I undestand they're just lovely--Python-grade stuff. How do the rimfires shoot?

Andyd

Bearcat
A true classic, the S&W M10 HB with Nills was medication for my addiction shortly.

image_zps074a3958.jpg

A S&W M19-3 in 6 inches was making me happy when I could trade a S&W M&P Victory in .38 Special for it and gave a little boot.
Olone.jpg

Bought this 1952 vintage in 1994 and did my most spectacular shooting with it
DSCI0059.jpg

I saved a rusted and pitted old SS from an uncertain fate and restored it with a durable rust blue.
PB240573.jpg

Andyd

Bearcat
There are some more nice revolvers, like my S&W M625 that had been my bowling pin gun but was long ago taken into custody by my son. I bought this M14-2 in 1984 and still consider it outstanding in any way!
Nill.jpg

I have several Lugers and love to put Nills on my guns. The P210-4 pictured below, was also given to my oldest son when he got admitted into med school. His little brother quickly moved it to his safe.

3Nillswbling.jpg

I love rimfire handguns! This early 1936 Walther PP from Zella Mehlis was given to my oldest son. The original grips are stored safely, they are more fragile than the gun itself.
RimfirePPmags.jpg

I love my Hämmerlis
DSCF7240-1.jpg

Andyd

Bearcat
I bought this P88 in the mid 1990 and shot it for two seasons
DSCI0044.jpg

I shot Glocks competitively and carried one in a very hostile Third World country. Still have over half a dozen of them and trust them to be good, reliable guns.
Didok.jpg

Glock17.jpg

zG34.jpg

SIG P210-6, it is what I am shooting these days.
IMG_0431_zps6746011d.jpg

This one will always have a special place in my heart, Colt Customs.
Colt.jpg

Andyd

Bearcat
Snake45 said:
Oh my, those Korths are nice. I've never even seen, much less shot one, but I undestand they're just lovely--Python-grade stuff. How do the rimfires shoot?

Actually, the Python falls behind in price and quality. The Korth revovlers from the 24th series on have the D/A on a roller bearing and they came with 5 rollers, changing the let-off.

The rimfire Korths have unbelievable D/A trigger characteristics. The quality is amaziing. This 24 series revolver has been my constant range companion for over 7 years and I go shooting about once a week. The bluing does not seem to wear.

DSCF4403.jpg

Andyd

Bearcat
I have a German rimfire conversion and tried it in the Python. Once. Accuracy is okay but loading those little cartridges is no fun...

ConversionII.jpg

Snake45

Hawkeye
Okay, I'm drawing the line at any kind of Glock being a "Holy Grail" gun. That's like saying a Toyota Camry is your "dream car." :roll: :wink: :lol:

Andy, you've got a lot of nice stuff, but I doubt even you consider all of it "Holy Grail" guns. We're talking about stuff here that's REALLY special, and probably at least somewhat rare and/or expensive. Your Korths certainly qualify. Some of the others you've shown here...not so much. :?

Andyd

Bearcat
Snake45 said:
Okay, I'm drawing the line at any kind of Glock being a "Holy Grail" gun. That's like saying a Toyota Camry is your "dream car." :roll: :wink: :lol:

Andy, you've got a lot of nice stuff, but I doubt even you consider all of it "Holy Grail" guns. We're talking about stuff here that's REALLY special, and probably at least somewhat rare and/or expensive. Your Korths certainly qualify. Some of the others you've shown here...not so much. :?

Valuewise the Glocks are not holy grails but they mean a lot to me - and I was "there". Any of the guns that I have kept, I kept for a reason. Some are great shooters, some are great quality.
This is a S&W 22A. My kids learnt shooting with it. We shot over 100,000 rounds through it. Holy grail? no, but it still means a lot to my kids.

Do you have any guns that you shot for 100,000 rounds and can understand the bond? Or 100,000 miles on that Camry?

DSCI0036.jpg

Snake45

Hawkeye
Andyd said:
This is a S&W 22A. My kids learnt shooting with it. We shot over 100,000 rounds through it. Holy grail? no, but it still means a lot to my kids.

Do you have any guns that you shot for 100,000 rounds and can understand the bond? Or 100,000 miles on that Camry?
"Special" and "sentimental" and "bonds" are all great, but that's NOT what we're talking about here. Why not start your own thread on that topic if that's what you want to show?

By your own admission, your S&W 22A is not a Holy Grail gun, and yet you posted it here anyway. :roll: You're pretty much making this thread meaningless. :( This is NOT a "post pics of all your favorite guns here" thread. :evil:

Elfego El Gato

Single-Sixer
Dan Wesson PointMan7. Beautiful gun, beautifully made, and a joy to shoot!

DSC02168Medium.jpg

2nd, but not far behind: My 1940 Luger P-08. All matching numbers, excellent condition (probably 90%, but I'm not a qualified grader), shoots like a dream right where I point it. And, that toggle link is almost too much fun!

No pictures of the Luger handy -- Sorry 'bout that!

hittman

Staff member
GPNY

L to R ..... 357 Magnum, 41 Magnum, 41 Magnum ..... all 5.5" barrels.

Ruger45

Blackhawk
Right now a 9" 357 from 1959. :D :D followed close by a 44 carbine from the 60's then we jump up in years to a guide 300 win mag and a scout with a african 416 bring up the rear.