Ruger Letters Came today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

b1buddy

Single-Sixer
Amazingly surprised :eek: when I went to the mail box this afternoon. Large envelope from Ruger.

Opened it and inside found 7 letters that I had requested and sent a check for them back in January. They never cashed the check, but sent me my letters anyway!!!

Way to go Ruger!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

b1buddy

Single-Sixer
didn't/don't really care if they cash it or not. Am thrilled that they are doing them again!!! New format and it looks good. Need to submit for some more now!!!!

princeout

Blackhawk
Buddy,
If you can let us know where the form to fill out is, that would be great. I couldn't find it on Ruger's website. I've got a couple of brassframes to check out.
Thanks,
Tim

b1buddy

Single-Sixer
They have taken it off for some time now. I am hoping that once they get caught up with the backlog they will put it back up for us. I sure hope they do.
It was just a major shock to me that they actually finished them off. I had begun to believe they would not do any more at all.

BTW - if you have dougan's last book it has a fairly comprehensive listing of brass frame s/n's. If it is listed then it is confirmed. However, if it is not listed does not mean it is not original factory.

If you do not have the book, pm me your s/n' and I will look them up for you.

JCW64

Single-Sixer
Buddy, did the letters state the model,caliber and barrel length? I saw a letter today on a gunbroker ad that was dated 7/28/14 and all it stated was "shipped as model Blackhawk" and a ship date of Nov. 56, no caliber or model number. It was a 3 digit 44 so maybe the record books did not have much info then.

princeout

Blackhawk
Buddy,
I've got Dugan's book now. The .357 shorty is listed and the .45 shorty is not. Holding out hope for the letter on the 45, but not expecting it to be factory brass.
Thanks,
Tim

b1buddy

Single-Sixer
All the letter says is the model number and ship date. It does not even specify the caliber.

I expect I will ask Ruger to verify the one with sights. Not sure how to do that any more since the phone number is not listed for records. But will try to send an email next or call some number and give it a shot.

RME

Blackhawk
princeout said:
Buddy,
If you can let us know where the form to fill out is, that would be great. I couldn't find it on Ruger's website. I've got a couple of brassframes to check out.
Thanks,
Tim

If you haven't found the Ruger letter form yet and would like to send me your e-mail
address I will send you the letter form PDF file.
RME

The letters I have received from "back in the day" provide the ship date (year & month), model number, and caliber . . . exception being that for the original flattop .357s prior to the introduction of the 6-1/2" barrels the description would just be "shipped as Blackhawk .357" with no model number given since they didn't have to make the length distinction.

For $10 you'd think they could do at least this well.

I've called a couple of times lately and I'm certain the fella who answered was just reading off the usual (and incorrect) date listing from the website.

:? :? :?

tomno.1

Bearcat
In 2008 I received a letter from Ruger regarding a No.1 that stated, "Our records show that this rifle was manufactured in November of 2003 and shipped in December of 2006, as a model K1-H-BBZ, .416 Rigby caliber.". This is the only Ruger letter I have that contains the date of manufacture. All my other letters have shipping dates.

b1buddy

Single-Sixer
Finally got around to calling Ruger re: the clarification - nothing! So, sent an email asking about it. Nothing back yet, though it has been 5 total days, 3 of which were work days.

Also, took a picture of one of the letters just FYI so you can see the format and look they sent. Sure, I would like more information, but they look pretty good.

b1buddy

Single-Sixer
Sorry for not being clear - I questioned one of the letters as described in another thread. But, wanted to post the info from the letter here. After reviewing all my previous letters, they all say essentially the same thing except for a few OM FT 357's that they say due to damage some information regarding detailed configuration cannot be recovered.

So, pretty much the same info sent based on my other letters.

When I started the thread, my intent was to be happy and pass along hope that perhaps Ruger will resume the letter/documentation program.

b1buddy

Single-Sixer
I would readily agree, but none of the letters I have specify caliber other than what can be inferred by the model number, and naturally for No.1's or M77's that does nothing for caliber.

Yeah, most of Ruger's revolvers can be identified by action, chambering, barrel length, and finish just from the model number. Shame it's not that way across the entire product line.

And yes, I know it's actually the catalog number we all use for this, such as BKH46.

contender

Ruger Guru
I noticed that the pic of the letter shown is different than what we used to get. The letters used to be signed, and now they have a gold seal. Interesting.