MK II hammer

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Big Bubba

Single-Sixer
Where is the best place to buy a Mk II hammer and bushing if they are available?

contender

Ruger Guru
I might have a spare or two,,,! PM me or email me.
(It'll give me time to check.)

CRAP!!!!!
I checked and I don't have a spare I can let go of a hammer. I do have a spare bushing.

Big Bubba

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the reply Pie, and thanks for the effort Contender. I forgot about Brownell's, they have alot of factory parts also.

The magazine disconnect is a major aggravation to me on my MKIII. Just can't get used to it, and it causes a few unmentionable words to be mumbled by me.

I think I would rather have a new MKII hammer and bushing, instead of modifying with the repacement of washers.

Big Bubba

Single-Sixer
Well, I have to take back what I said in the above post about replacement of the mag. disconnect with washers. I figured I would try the mod. with #10 washers as per Flatgate and Iowegans instructions.

Worked real nice. Goodby to that cussed magazine disconnect/safety! Great modification, and simple to do! :D

contender

Ruger Guru
Glad to know things have worked out! I coulda sworn I had more than one extra hammer. Now I'm wondering where those parts went,,,,???