SP101 Pawl Plunger and Spring

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jandg

Bearcat
Last night I sent two sets of pawl plunger and pawl plunger spring into low earth orbit. They're probably passing over Swaziland as I speak as I sure as heck can't find them.

A couple of questions if I may.
1. Is there a tool or trick to reinstall the pawl plunger assembly> I've got the trigger full back (probably stretched the heck out of THAT spring over the 3 hours I jiggered with that) but can't manage to rest the pawl plunger the pawl without it squirting out beneath it which brings me to my second question....

2. Looking at the diagram, I'm not 100% sure I'm even trying to set the pawl plunger to the right spot. I think it's supposed to rest against the bottom flanger of the pawl (beneath the pivot pin) but...

Absolutely any help will be much appreciated.

BTW, I never intended to open this Pandora's box, the plunger kinda leaked out on its own.

Thanks

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I had a bit of trouble with a pawl plunger spring on my new SP, I bent it. ...ouch. I managed to straighten it so it would work until I got the new one I ordered. If you assemble and dis-assemble the gun in a large clear plastic bag it will catch any errant flying parts. My problem was getting the trigger assembly up into the frame while holding the pawl forward or was it back? I don't remember a problem concerning the hammer position. Hopefully someone can give you some real help and btw welcome to the RugerForum. Fine gun you got there. :D :D

Check-out the videos on the Ruger website. Double-action revolvers are near the bottom of the page.
http://ruger.com/Firearms/N-RugerTV.html#TT

...Jimbo

Pinecone

Blackhawk
jandg, Welcome to the forum! After you have removed the trigger guard assembly from the SP-101, pull the trigger slightly with the right index finger while holding the back of the pawl with the right thumb. Slide the pawl assembly out to the right (with your left hand) while "restraining" the plunger and spring with the thumb or index finger of the left hand. If you do so gently, you will "not" launch them. It helps to secure the trigger guard assembly in a vice for takedown of these integrated parts "before" the above manuever...........................Dick

jandg

Bearcat
Jimbo and Pinecone - thanks for your help. If I can't do it the right way I think I'll just roll the ol' welder up to my bench. :mrgreen:

Latest posts