Not a Ruger but NAA quesion.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

toyhunt

Single-Sixer
Anyone know how to put back together a NAA mini 22lr.I replaced the hammer & can't get iback together to work.I am new ,so I shouldn't have done it but I did.Thanks!

AJMD429

Bearcat
I'd look on the NAA website for a parts diagram and manual. That may help. Don't FORCE anything. Usually if a gun goes together but is 'stuck' there is some wire spring not on the right side of a part, or some part that wasn't swung into position when assembled. I'd look carefully at the hand, as the likely culprit.

I always take stuff apart too - it helps know the design's 'weakness' (and demonstrates mine...).

nvbirdman

Blackhawk
Please give us a little better description of your problem, saying you replaced the hammer and now the gun won't work is like calling your mechanic on the phone and telling him your car isn't running good, what's wrong with it?

toyhunt

Single-Sixer
Can't get the hammer to fall ,can't get the main screw lined up.Can't get the cylinder hand spring to seat. Do you put the main spring in last to keep tension off? If so want tricks to get the main spring back?Very hard to work with the very tiny parts.Not many parts to deal with.I have the blow up diagram.

pete44ru

Hunter
While I've never had my NAA mini's apart, nor had the urge to do so, in most situations, the mainspring tension would be the last thing to put in place, besides the grips, etc.

nvbirdman

Blackhawk
If I recall correctly, when I had mine apart four or five years ago I lost the small pin for the cylinder latch and that fouled things up real good.
The pin was under (and held in place by) the left grip and is about the diameter of a large size paper clip. That's what I made my new pin out of.
Hope this helps, that's about the extent of my knowledge of these guns.

toyhunt

Single-Sixer
Got it back to working without the mainspring attached.What tips does anybody have on putting the main spring back in place?

toyhunt

Single-Sixer
Thanks to my good neighbor it is back together & working with a new mainspring.Seems as if original owner had messed with it.Anyway it works.He used some needle noise to put the mainspring in last.Best advise to all ,send it back to factory for workif you need to disassemble.

Latest posts