Jerry Kuhnhausen’s books

Help Support Ruger Forum:

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I recently bought Jerry Kuhnhausen's shop manual on Security Six series of DA's. A wealth of information. Even shows how to hollow grind a screwdriver tip. This is Volume One. Is there a Volume Two for the Redhawks? A must have for all gun owners. I also purchased the manual for Remington 870-1100-11-87 shotguns.

I don't believe he wrote a Volume 2 for the Ruger DA's, I have not been able to find one. I have 6 of his shop manuals and they will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about the subject firearms, how they work and how to fix them.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I saw a member here collecting Mauser rifles. JH has a book on these rifles. I don't own a Mauser, but I know I would learn a lot by getting this book. I found out that 3" Magnum shotguns came out in 1953? 1955? Growing up, 2 3/4" was all we had. I thought 3" Mags came out in 70's. A person can't have too many books

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
RoninPA said:
I don't believe he wrote a Volume 2 for the Ruger DA's, I have not been able to find one. I have 6 of his shop manuals and they will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about the subject firearms, how they work and how to fix them.

Can't remember where I read the comment, but it was something like, "A good library of books on the subject of guns and gun repair is a tremendous aid for doing that sort of work".

I envy the person who has worked on as many various firearms as they claim they have, and gained experienced knowledge for those encounters. My pretty good library of books and manuals will help me out on occasion when I get a gun in that is not as familiar as others I see regularly.
I think I do have ALL of Kuhnhausen's manuals, and the above post is spot on. He does cover just about every situation and condition that can possibly exist, and then a corrective measure.

GasMan

Bearcat
I am reading the volume on Ruger SAs. Not only great gunsmithing, but I love his little commentaries on common sense and idiots and personal accountability! Great stuff!