Source for Single-Six Bisley Trigger and Hammer?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AR-Trvlr

Bearcat
Are there any sources for a single-six Bisley hammer and trigger? I've got a single-six hunter and an extra Bisley grip frame. I'd need a matching hammer and trigger to make the conversion work.

contender

Ruger Guru
Due to the low production, and higher demand for these parts,, they are like hen's teeth to find. Most folks leave them in their guns,, and there weren't a lot of "extras" made for that model. So,, when you do find any,, don't hesitate over price,, as someone may beat you to it.
Look at Numrich, Jack First, but they are usually out.
Place WTB ads on as many gun forums as you can.
Good luck.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Not too long ago, Ruger made a limited run of Bisley Single Sixes so they had to make more hammers. Have you tried the factory?

These days, most folks just get the full size hammer by sectioning it (to shorten) and tig welding the Bisley top back onto the hammer base.

The triggers are no problem of course, they're all the same size regardless of frame size.

AR-Trvlr

Bearcat
Thanks for the suggestions. Numrich seems to have triggers. It looks like the Bisley trigger is necessary to work with the frame. Is the hammer necessary, or will a normal hammer work with the Bisley frame?

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Both standard hammer and trigger will work with the frame. The hammer and trigger slots are extra long for them but not an issue.

You can even use a large frame Bisley hammer with a little grinding/then polishing to shorten the front top. The Bisley hammer spur won't be any higher than the standard hammer because it's low to begin with. And it will fill the long hammer slot.

You'd need some adjustment to the front hammer face to work properly with the transfer bar in the smaller 22 frame.

You can use the Bisley trigger with any hammer. And it will fill the longer trigger slot.

I'm not a fan of the Bisely Grip frame but I love the trigger and use them on some of my Rugers with the standard frame; I have to just lengthen the trigger slot to the front a bit for the trigger to fit Here's my Super BH 44 Mag with a SBH Hunter SS grip frame and Bisley trigger:

xlarge.jpg