Good work by DougGuy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Littlebluetruck

Bearcat
Hello,
I asked DougGuy to do a little work on my SS 45 Colt New Model Blackhawk, and the gun shoots better than ever. He honed the cylinder throats and I splurged for the cylinder chamfers. He also shortened the sear engagement and I installed a lighter trigger spring while I was in there.
The revolver is much easier to shoot, and the groups are smaller and rounder. Maybe I had something going on with one or a few cylinder throats that got cleaned up. I don't know, but the gun is a joy to shoot now.
Then they closed the range due to the virus! By the time they open back up I am going to have so many 45 Colts loaded up they could circle the planet...twice.
Thanks,
Rich

DHD

Single-Sixer
He does do very good work. He also understands the "why" of correct sizing of throats and th bullets fired through those throats.

Another thing is the trick he does to a BH hammer. After he did a couple of my hammers, their trigger pulls are real close to my Clements Custom Bisquero. I had done internal polishing on the BH's, but their was some creep, but now there is almost none.

Good stuff! Fast turn around, awesome communication, and great work.

SAFARIKID said:
Any contact info on Doug please??

Doug is a member here, user name DougGuy. Link to profile page, below.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=35785

Easy to work with, good communication, reasonable prices, quick turnaround.

I'm embarrassed to say, I haven't shot my .45 New Vaquero since getting my cylinder back! :oops: