Adapter to fit NM grip frame to OM gun

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mlea5150

Bearcat
Does anyone happen to have plans (or good pictures) for the trigger return spring adapter needed to fit a NM grip frame
to a 3 screw gun? Clements doesn't have them or his adapter trigger as he is easing into retirement.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
NM grip frame adaption to use on an old model.

Option 1. Just cut the spring shelf off of a NM trigger and have it tig welded or brazed to your OM trigger.

Option 2. No one sells the adapter, it's too easy to make one for anyone to buy one. Below is my style that I've made for my grip swaps. The hole locations are the only important features and they don't have to be exact. Just copy the size and location of the return spring hole in your old grip frame, and the location of the retaining pin hole from your new grip frame. The contour of the top is based on clearing the bottom of the hammer when cocked. I use aluminum because it's easiest to drill and shape.

orig.jpg

Use the old model Super BH wide trigger to fill the wide trigger slot in the NM grip frame.
orig.jpg

Option 3. The very simplest. You can use a fired .22 LR case to hold the return spring and plunger in place. Again use the NM trigger return spring retaining pin closest to the trigger shown below to hold your OM trigger return spring/plunger adapter or .22 case in place. File a small notch in the .22 case head to nest on the retaining pin.
IMG_1399_zps09554883.jpg

mlea5150

Bearcat
Robb Barnes said:
You can also see if David Clements has any if his hybrid triggers for sale. They let you use a new model grip frame on an old model gun.

I spoke to David before I posted here. He has no triggers and won't have any more as he is easing into retirement very soon.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Have you decided which method you'll use?

I meant to include these photos. The two triggers in the center are the no longer available Clements' standard trigger in left ctr and his Bisley trigger in the right ctr.

___________________________Clements adapter triggers are the center two_________________________
OM trigger__________________standard____&____Bisley w/over travel stop__________________NM Bisley

large.jpg

The spring shelf you can weld on doesn't have to be that big blocky type like Ruger's NM triggers. And the shelf shown will be hidden up in the trigger guard slot. Old Model SBH trigger with hidden welded on spring shelf:

large.jpg