Help with 10/22 Trigger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I purchased locally an older all metal 10/22 trigger guard assembly complete. The problem is when i placed it in my BX Trigger Block Jig to test it, it doesn't cock or allow the trigger to be tested (I hope you understand what i am saying) OTher metal trigger assemblies can be tested this way with no problem, just at the BX trigger block allows. (The BX Trigger comes in a housing that limits the hammer travel and allows the trigger to be testing.)

My question is what is the issue, my guess is either the previous owner or the store employees tried playing with the trigger without the BX Trigger Block and they broke or misaligned something.

Can this be fixed by simple disassembling and reassembling or does a part need to be replaced and how do I know which one?

Thank you for any suggestions or help you can offer.

recumbent

Buckeye
Will it dry fire if it's not in the jig?
The hammers are a little different on the older trigger groups my guess is the hammer is hitting on
the BX jig.

I would go ahead and take it apart and rebuild it just to make sure that the previous owner didn't get something wrong when they might have "tried" to make it better. That way you can also check the condition of the parts and repair/replace as needed.

pblanc

Bearcat
Forget about the BX hammer block. You said that you are unable to cock the hammer. If so, have you checked to make sure that the hammer strut and spring are properly positioned?

If you cannot cock the hammer, it should be in the forward "fired" position. You should be able to lift the hammer strut and spring out of the trigger assembly.