Parkerized Super Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

UmpquaCharlie

Buckeye
Is it possible to reblue a Ruger Super Blackhawk that has been parkerized?
If possible would you send it back to Ruger?
TIA Charlie

Enigma

Hunter
Possible, yes. Depending on how the revolver was prepped, it will probably have a matte finish, though. Normally, one abrasive blasts a gun before parkerizing.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Ruger cost to refinish SA revolver can't be beat: $80 and $30 return shipping, last I checked.

Any old model returned to Ruger for any reason will get the transfer bar safety retrofit whether you want it or not, it's their safety policy.

The re-blue will be done correctly w/o over buffing, etc., and you'll get it back fast; less than 2 weeks. You can't beat their service and refinish, or even come close to the cost or quality anywhere!

Actually Ruger's reblue jobs are better than original. It's not done by the regular production people who are cranking out new guns as fast as they can. But it is done on the same type machinery, so all the surfaces have the same polishing techniques and contours as new factory guns; the secret of a restoration vs. a refinish! AND any flaws or sloppiness from the original factory polish is corrected and the gun has the nicest polish of any originals. They all seem to come back with their 'flagship' Super BH best polish.

Here's my factory refinished Hawkeye. I added the stainless steel grip frame in place of the aluminum alloy original grip frame:
large.jpg