Ruger Rifle Scope ring dove tails?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ronniet

Single-Sixer
I have a CZ 527 that has integral Scope bases made into the reciever, they are 16MM wide at the outside edges of the dovetails.
The problem is scope ring availability.
all the 4 manufactures of scope ring bases make "high" rings only for the 527. Way too high. looks like shi-- and is difficult to see thru.
Plus there the only 2 makers that make a removeable top part of the ring so to easy access of scope change or ring lapping is Leupold and Millet and they fit like they were make for some other type of rifle , POS.
Question is what is the width of the Ruger Rifles Dovetails? I cannot find specs on them any where.
I know they have recoil lugs built into them but that could easily be milled away.
Does anyone one know of a Steel scope ring with removable top that uses a 16mm dovetail?
I don't own a Tikka or Sako to check on.
Thank you
Ron

Enigma

Hunter
i don't have a rifle (Ruger or otherwise) handy to measure, however, a quick web search reveals numerous sources for different height rings for the CZ 527 in both medium and high persuasions for both 1" and 30mm scope diameters. I don't know just what you're looking for, of course, but it seems that the choices are greater than just high rings.

Ronniet

Single-Sixer
Exactly, That is what I have ran into, some list as medium and in the real world in my hands measuring them they are exactly the same height as the ones listed as "high" which is TOO high. Some makers manufacture them and they don't even fit the dovetails correctly. pretty crappy stuff.
That is why I am looking for a different route of looking for the dovetail specs on Rugers, Sako, and Tikkas.
Ron

My 527 Carbine requires pretty dang high rings to keep the bolt handle from hitting the scope. It's pretty much the only detraction to that otherwise nifty little bolt gun.

That may be the reason you're having a hard time finding anything lower for yours.

Ronniet

Single-Sixer
Yes the high bolt handle was an issue when I got it, but that is now remedied. The rings are so high for a rifle that does not have a comb and no barrel sights that a 40mm scope I can stick my finger between the scope and the barrel.
My cheek is not even on the stock when I sight it the lower part of my chin.
I am going to have to get lower rings or grow a longer jaw.
I am thinking that some of the Brnos and Styer Zephyrs had 16mm or 5/8" dovetails.
I wish some Ruger rifle person would chime in to what the Rugers are.