Old Model/New Model Ejector Rod Housings

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pete

Single-Sixer
Are there differences in the aluminum ejector rod housings on .357 Blackhawks? I have and old model with a messed up housing and need to know what to look for.

contender

Ruger Guru
Unless your OM is a FT,, and an early one,, no difference. If your 357 has the protected ears,, then a NM one will work.
There are some mounting screw hole size differences in some of them as well. Make sure you get the correct one there.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Like contender posted:

If your barrel has a stud for the ejector housing with a 1/4" screw hole. The screw is a 1/4" cap screw with 6 x 40 thread.

If your barrel has no stud, you need a housing with the .220" hole and a .217" capscrew with 8 x 36 thread.

You can get either housing made in steel or alum alloy. And old or new model makes no difference.

Pete

Single-Sixer
Thank you both very much!
My revolver does not have a stud and the hole in the housing measures 0.220.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Ruger will send you one. I have several sent free. Do Not give an Old Model serial number, unless it's been converted. I tried to order grips for an OM Super Blackhawk. Since it was stock, Ruger refused. Seconds later I read off a New Model number, then operator was cool with transaction.