Painting a SS grip frame

Help Support Ruger Forum:

10mm

Single-Sixer
As anyone tried paining a SS grip frame with Brownells Aluma-Hyde? I want to swap out the aluminum GF for a steel one, but haven't been able to locate a blue steel GF (don't want a Super GF on this one). So I've got an extra SS grip frame I'd like to try painting. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you,
10mm

Hondo44

Hawkeye
The alumi hide is not very durable at all.

The only chance is a spray that gets baked on.

Or just have the SS grip frame blued. Put the polish on it that you want to match the gun's finish before sending it off.

These guys did mine $40 shipped back to me:

http://runniron.com/general/index.html
RUN-N-IRON Customizing
10116 - 744 Road
Bertrand, Nebraska 68927
308-472-1445
[email protected]

I would have it Cerakoted. The Cerakote finish is a two part ceramic based coating that when correctly applied and heat cured will make that grip frame look like new. Plus it will not wear like paint does. I have customers who have had me Cerakote their every day carry gun and some are over 7 years old and don't show any wear at all.

10mm

Single-Sixer
Hondo44 said:
The alumi hide is not very durable at all.

The only chance is a spray that gets baked on.

Or just have the SS grip frame blued. Put the polish on it that you want to match the gun's finish before sending it off.

These guys did mine $40 shipped back to me:

http://runniron.com/general/index.html
RUN-N-IRON Customizing
10116 - 744 Road
Bertrand, Nebraska 68927
308-472-1445
[email protected]

Yep, after re-looking at the grip frame and and thinking about it, this is the best route. I'll reach out to them before I start the fitting and polishing.
Thanks Hondo44