Bisley questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Ruger factory Bisley g/f's are all the same.
As for the triggers,,, I can't remember the correct answer,, and I've never tried it myself.

G2

Hunter
Bisley Trigger, is a Bisley Trigger.

Hammer's there are 2;
1. Small for the Single Series, 6, and with custom/ gunsmithing 7,9,10.
2. Large for the rest, Super, Blackhawk, Vaquero, NV.

Will a Bisley trigger work in a regular Blackhawk?

Easy, Yes, if your using a Bisley Gripframe.

Yes on a Blackhawk Gripframe too, but will require "chop, cut, re-build" better known as custom gunsmithing. :wink:

In other words, the Bisley Trigger is slightly longer and more curved and longer in the area where it meets the GF hole.
To use the Bisley trigger in a Blackhawk GF, one needs to shorten the trigger length a little, and either shorten the material at the GF hole -or- open up the hole in the GF.
I have seen both methods, I prefer chopping the trigger as it is the cheaper of the two parts, cleaner look, and IMO easier task to perform.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I put a Bisley trigger into a Blackhawk gripframe by simply filing a longer trigger notch in the aluminum. Easy.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
As Jimbo posted, it's an easy adaption to any Ruger standard or birdshead grip frame.

Just lengthen the trigger slot to the front. I use a Dremel tool with 3 of the Dremel carborundum cut off wheels stacked. Elongate slot about 1/8" from the top of the trigger guard strap, and clean up with a small, fine flat file. You may have to slightly trim the lower tip of the trigger to keep from touching the trigger guard.

Bisley trigger and hammer in a Super Single Six:

orig.jpg

Bisley trigger in a SBH with a SBH stainless round trigger guard grip frame:

xlarge.jpg

G2

Hunter
Came across this picture of a pair where one is stock and the other modified.
There both modified now :wink:
7598953b-f2de-45b7-a843-f99311e59156.jpg

Latest posts