Ruger Single Ten Questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

G2

Hunter
No, the pawls are different in length.
However "free spin" I'm sure it can be done,,,
but the Single 10 pawl length is very precise in length. I have no idea the tolerance spec, other than it's tight to get it all to work with a short throw x 10
I have noticed this when working out the little hitches these guns seem to have,
It takes A LOT of back & forth fitting to get them to smooth up.

When you finally get it all working "just right" it's a real sense of accomplishment, lots of patience is needed.

I would suggest a call to Power Custom, Ron is usually very accommodating to discuss these kind of gunsmithing challenges.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
I agree with G2, need to speak with those folks, you'll need a specific free spin pawl for the S10.

If you just increase by one chamber like 6 to 7, the pawl will usually work with either cyl. But when you increase 4 chambers, 6 to 10, the pawls are quite different; the lower pawl tooth is shaped more precisely than the 6 shot pawl to engage with the tiny ratchet teeth on the 10 chamber cyl.

I make mine free spin using this method which should work just as well on your pawl because the top tooth is no different than the 6 shot pawl:

Modify your pawl to a free wheel cylinder pawl. No cost and almost no skill required:
http://marauder.homestead.com/files/FreeSpin.html