Brownells Barrel Set-back Fixture??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sack peterson

Single-Sixer
For revolvers? I have it and use it. I think its made by an outfit called Pacific Tool or something. Its robust and no doubt worth the money for what it is.

Having the gunsmith touch skills that makes one deft and effective with it do require practice. So I maybe use it twice a year at this point and it remains a bit of a challenge each time.

snakeeyes4445

Single-Sixer
I have one but have not used it. I have a Hawes Western Marshall to practice on when I get caught up. I just received a five degree forcing cone cutter from Pacific alsomafter a seven month wait.
The Hawes is inaccurate presumably because of an oversize forcing cone. I will run some test targets first with 3.5 gr of Bulls eye so I can see if we get an improvement after a one turn setback.
The tool looks very well made, and has reasonably complete instructions. I can imagine that there might be considerable "feel" developed as you use it. I don't yet have a piloted square facing cutter in .357 to set the gap. Quite a few other projects ahead of that one unfortunately.

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
Thanks guys, just the info I was looking for.
Replacing a barrel on a OM SBH. have a spare barrel to practice with.
So I will be ordering the fixture.

Dana

Latest posts