LC9S Not Going Into Battery? (UPDATE)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

deserttrans

Buckeye
Daughter's Muddy Girl pistol not going into full battery to fire. I have cleaned, inspected slide and rails for snags. Guide rod and springs appear fine and installed correctly. It first started to seat in battery intermittently. Light primer strikes and at the end one would have to sling shot the slide very hard and quick to get it to seat. Now it will not go into firing battery at all. Fairly new pistol, only 50-100 rounds or so through the gun. I thought I would throw this out here to see if anyone has had this issue. If no solution I will contact Ruger Monday. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or solutions.

WMB30

Single-Sixer
Check the end of the stricker ( Fireing Pin) I have seen one where the tip broke off. If as you indicate all is normal but does not make battery when you sling shot it check guide rod assembly spring for fracture.

Bill

deserttrans

Buckeye
Update... Noticed the sear spring out of position. Sticking straight up. It had came out of its notch. Called Ruger and lady said it is happening a lot on this model. Sent shipping label and back in 5 days. New spring and notch repaired. Test fired 28 rounds and no issues by them. May have to designate as a range pistol now.

Latest posts