Ruger #1

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chuck

Blackhawk
Just traded fer a #1 in 30-06 Took it to the range (shot real bad) one problem was the scope lost it's clicks could be bad the other was a REAL BAD (HARD TRIGGER) Does any body know how to fix the trigger? going to replace the scope tomorrow.
Thanks in advance fer any info Chuck
PS It kicks like one of my 338 mag's

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Brownells used to sell after market triggers for the #1 that greatly improved the trigger pull. I have had a couple of them in the past. They were drop in and not difficult to install although they were fairly expensive .
Oops , I just looked it up and they are no longer available. Sorry !

chuck

Blackhawk
Chuck 100 yd said:
Brownells used to sell after market triggers for the #1 that greatly improved the trigger pull. I have had a couple of them in the past. They were drop in and not difficult to install although they were fairly expensive .
Oops , I just looked it up and they are no longer available. Sorry !
I'm a day late and a dollar short. thanks anyway Chuck

ptypegreen

Single-Sixer
Moyers Gun Repair has a repo Ruger 3 screw trigger. Kinda rough and needs some polishing though the machined surfaces on mine were good.
http://www.moyersgunrepair.com/index.php?cPath=30&osCsid=6d8c49144196e472e4ead69a10bee6e3

EABCO has the Jard, I do not have one so I cannot comment on it.
http://eabco.com/Ruger01.html

ptypegreen

Single-Sixer
#1s are an expensive hobby. I also have a Moulds Speed Hammer in mine though they are no longer available. Yahoo has a #1 group, there is a wealth of knowledge on #1s in their archives.

pete44ru

Hunter

I'm guessin' that the newer #1's no longer have them, but my earlier (1980's) #1's all had adjustable triggers, just like my tang safety Model 77's do.

ptypegreen

Single-Sixer
Somewhere along the line the lawyers over rode the engineers and gun techs and commanded from on high that the stupidity and ignorance of a few required the rest of us suffer from heavy non-adjustable factory triggers.

Latest posts