Bore Swabs, My Endorsement

Help Support Ruger Forum:

For the first time, I recently bought some "Bore Swabs". Never thought I'd need such a thing as long as I had cleaning rods, slotted tips and jags, and an endless supply of patches.

Enter RamRodz, bore and barrel swabs. They are purchased by caliber, and they fit the bore and rifling very snugly, doing a better job than any patches I've ever used in applying oil, cleaners, and mopping up the residue after bore brushing. With an 8" length, they fit most handgun barrel lengths.

They are roughly a dime apiece thru Amazon, and closer to a nickel each at other places, so they're a bit more expensive than the old way, but their efficiency has made their cost very worth while. :mrgreen:

I use (and sell in my shop) something similar, called Swab-Its. These are synthetic material and can be cleaned and reused. You can get them in swabs like WAYNO got, or screw in tips for standard firearm cleaning rods. I like them also because they are nice and tight fitting in the bore and clean and lube everything very easily. They go from .22 to 12 ga. You can get them and the RamRodz from Dillon, Midway USA and other places.

contender

Ruger Guru
Another plug for the Swab-its!
The folks there are great to deal with, the product excellent, and as mentioned,, reusable.
PLUS<,, they have supported my FoNRA event, as well as my Autism Charity matches.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Clovishound said:
Have you tried patches with jags?

Hi,

I like patches used with patch loops to get things nicely wetted down followed by dry patches and jags to get the softened or loosened crud out. I've always thought that drill did a good job. But the fact these are caliber specific is a good selling point. Better mouse trap and all? Might have to buy a pack or two to try.

Rick C