LC9S Locked up

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Embarrassing moment. A friend asked me to make sure he was cleaning his pistols properly. I got to the point of placing a dot of Wilsons Combat oil on my slide. I grabbed my frame and slipped on the slide and worked it back and forth to distribute the oil (which I never do without the barrel and spring installed). OOPS! No barrel and spring installed and Magazine removed.

No way in Hades can I get that slide off. Any suggestions besides a trip to a gunsmith or back to Ruger? Yeah, I know. No more advice either. :oops: :shock:

NikA

Buckeye
I don't have an LC9S but in my experience, this can happen when the trigger linkages slide up into or behind the slide in the incorrect places. I would suggest gently pulling the trigger (partially, not forcing it) while trying to pull off the slide and see if it loosens up at all. There are typically levers, cams, etc., that interact with the slide to ensure the pistol is fully in battery before it fires that can get hung up if it is not assembled properly.

This is why I love this forum. Thank you NikA for your quick, and dead on analysis and solution. Also thanks for going easy on my dumb mistake.

I gently coaxed the slide forward, with and without the magazine, while putting pressure on the trigger. The trigger didn't release until I dropped the mag, and put it back in, and then it clicked! I reassembled everything and did a function check, and walaa! Man you saved me a heap of trouble and some bucks. I owe you a cold one if we ever cross paths. Thanks again!