Bedding V-Blocks and pillars onto Boyds stock for RAR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CJP

Bearcat
I recently purchased a Boyds stock and bedding kit for my Ruger American Ranch rifle. The V-Blocks are loose and Boyds recommends that they be bedded in place. I also purchased the pillars from V-3 Precision.
Has anyone bedded these V-Blocks or pillars onto a Boyds stock. I'm looking for some direction on how to do it myself. I was also wondering if I should do it in two steps. Bed the pillars in place first and then the V-Blocks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a RAR in .300 Blackout and I went by the Boyd's directions of putting the new (Boyds) v blocks in, then putting the barrel/action in to make sure nothing extra was needed to be done. Then I removed the barrel/action and bedded the v blocks. The bedding compound should have directions for use and where to put release agent. For my 300 Blackout, I didn't need to add anything extra. I would do the v blocks and then the pillars separately.

CJP

Bearcat
Ron,
I'm just wondering where and how much bedding did you use? Placement of the bedding is my greatest concern. I was thinking of bedding the pillars first. What was your reasoning for bedding V-Blocks first?