Barrel swapping help

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Xrayist

Single-Sixer
So, ended up with a Ruger Bisley .44. The barrel had been cut to 5.5" and the front sight mounted crooked. Due to the kindness of a fellow forum member, I was able to acquire a very nice 7.5" barrel to switch out. Now the problem. Ruger will not do it. They will replace the barrel on the gun using one of their barrels, for the not so nice sum of $350-$375. The smith near where I live has pretty much quit doing this sort of work, and even if he did, his lead time is running 2-3 years. So, I live in northern Colorado. Was wondering if anyone knew of a smith, within, say 150 miles or so who would tackle this job, and be somewhat reasonable in turnaround time...a few months or so....? If not, how about recommendations of who to send it to out of state? I have a very nice FFL I work with and they only make me pay shipping charges as long as I package it up and give it to them ready to go. Thanks much in advance!

Enigma

Hunter
Give Jon Tank (Tank's Rifle Shop, in Fremont, NE) a call at 402.727.1317. Tell him Terry, in Korea recommended him. No guarantees about pricing or turn-around, but it won't cost much to check it out. Jon does outstanding work at very fair prices. He had been ill for a while and it has effected his turn-around time, but it can't hurt to ask.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Here's three well respected revolver smiths in neighboring states to CO.

Ben Forkin - Forkin Custom Classics
PO Box 444, 205 10th Ave SW
White Sulphur Springs, MT 59645
406-547-2344
mailto:[email protected]

Dustin Linebaugh - Dustin Linebaugh Custom Conversions
PO Box 263
Cody WY 82414
mailto:[email protected]
http://www.dustinlinebaugh.com/index.htm

John Linebaugh - Linebaugh Custom Sixguns
Phone: 307-645-3332