Tiffiny 1860 Army Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sharps40

Buckeye
In and out hunting but between trips, got the inside of the trigger tail profiled for conversion from flat spring to coil and since there is a dearth of space inside the brass grip, trying and upside down spring seat. I think it'll fit and have all the needed clearances for the mainspring and strut.

6xvxCXR.jpg

Sharps40

Buckeye
Will have enough room for the mainspring and strut to run unencumbered inside the grip in place of the Colt original flat spring. Also, the trigger return plunger functions correctly and all the clearances needed for the trigger were made within the trigger guard loop. So, no need to re-blue a shortened trigger. Finally, a stud retains the trigger plunger spring at the rear.

YHGtyia.jpg

qI2wj3Q.jpg

Sharps40

Buckeye
Finish is in sight.....all the parts are working with each other. Everything fits. So now its all just in the final fitting, adjustments and spit and polish.

TLYUU7M.jpg

4Z5opbo.jpg

Sharps40

Buckeye
long slow work now...final fitting. Getting the trigger guard done first, blending in difficult spots. Alternately polish and file/sand, then polish again. Helps to take photos as you go....easier to see the flaws on a big picture and then go back to the work at hand.

AQAbAZe.jpg

KTIpJft.jpg

zhPLVRr.jpg

jzuOvjw.jpg

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
well great work...you inspired me to make a Unberti Cattleman frame work with my Flat Top 44 mag mod i am doing...thank u for all the pics...they really helped too...God Bless,John

Sharps40

Buckeye
Good luck. Go slow. Every grip from the italian makers is different across the years. I've put on quite a few now and each was a stand alone project in some respect. Enjoy. Post pics.

Sharps40

Buckeye
Roughing in the shape around the top and bottom of the grip and trigger guard to frame.

YraFj7U.jpg

4zSYAsx.jpg

Sharps40

Buckeye
Just about done. Fitted all the action screws to length, polished the brass with a loose muslin wheel and white stainless polishing compound then blackened the background on the grip with Birchwood Casey Super Blue. Took it out for some shooting and everything is fine. Last bits will be a disassembly for checks and full cleaning and then back together for the last time. Fun project. Sorry, the sun washed out the photos a bit. I'll try to take some more on a cloudy day, the now crisp detail of the grip is lost somewhat in the glare.

qRxozgJ.jpg

BGhSGJN.jpg

iQSndu5.jpg

m4k7xM4.jpg