GP100 rear sight pin floats out ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TJ11

Single-Sixer
The pin that holds the rear sight to the frame on my new .44 GP100 floats out while shooting. Is this a common problem?

I don't want to send it to Ruger for something this small.

I really like this pistol and so far this is the only problem other than a few sharp edges on the trigger guard that need a little attention.

s5kjpNk.jpg

Take the pin out and put a small bend in it then reinstall. That should keep it from coming out. I'm not saying this is a common occurrence but it does happen at times when the pin is on the negative side of the tolerances and the hole is on the positive side of the tolerances.

pleadthe2nd

Single-Sixer
I have this problem with my blackhawk 45 convertible, as a matter of fact my gp100 did the same thing, but it now has a weigand mount and red dot on it now, which requires removing the rear sight, I'm going to try the bend trick on my blackhawk though, with credit to RoninPA.

contender

Ruger Guru
Actually,,, you don't even have to remove the pin completely. Tap it out about 1/3 of the way, GENTLY tap it sideways,,, to put a SLIGHT bend in it, and tap it back in place.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
contender said:
Actually,,, you don't even have to remove the pin completely. Tap it out about 1/3 of the way, GENTLY tap it sideways,,, to put a SLIGHT bend in it, and tap it back in place.

That's how I do it. That is one of the things I do to any Ruger I get even before I ever shoot it.

TJ11

Single-Sixer
Worth a try.

21 ft. I continue to drop the first round.

XvC8ojA.jpg

2LrAujR.jpg

USAFA71

Bearcat
No problem with my 3 Blackhawks, but both of my GP-100s(4" and 6")have the problem, which thanks to "contender", I will fix as soon as I get home! Thanks guys!