Any Grip Makers on here?....need checkering help

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
Well the person i normally have all of my grip work done is retiring due to poor health and i have a set of Gabone Ebony blanks i wanted to have checkered to match the early Flat Top rubber grips...does anyone here know of anyone who might be able to help?....i want to use original medallions and escutcheons and grip screw as well...the Gabone blanks are from the Colt Custom shop from the late 70's i am told..
thanks in advance God Bless,John

Xrayist

Single-Sixer
You might contact checkering.com. She does pistols grips. My concern would be that the checkering on the rubber Ruger grips is very fine. I don't know if you could checker any kind of wood with that fine of checkering. The finest checkering I have ever seen on wood is 32 LPI. I didn't measure it, but I think the Ruger rubber grips are finer than that.

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
Well thank u both...i know these will not be easy...i was hoping to find someone with a cnc machine...who does pistol grips...i will contact her too....the checkering could be a little larger too...truly appreciate the help...God Bless,John