LCR .22 Mag small problem question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Cylinder does not drop free by gravity when cylinder release is pressed - requires a little nudge, whether it's loaded, fired out cartridges in the chambers, or empty. There's some wear on the frame that appears to be caused by the cylinder pin. Lube doesn't help. No other surfaces between frame and cylinder are rubbing so it's not a clearance issue elsewhere. Is this normal for this model and if not is there a fix? The gun has a couple hundred rounds thru it.

Ignore the black spots, the wear areas are the light spots especially where the cylinder pin travels.

7tNfzYv.jpg

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Captain America said:
That's exactly how my .38 and my wife's .22lr LCR's are, both cylinders need a nudge and both frames have a drag mark on them.

I was afraid of that. My wife's S&W 60-10 doesn't have that problem, so I was wondering about it on this LCR.

NikA

Buckeye
I think your wear is typical of an aluminum-framed revolver. The steel cylinder axis pin/extractor star is harder than the aluminum, and causes wear/sticking. Might get better with polishing the pin, but I doubt you're going to be able to avoid it given the different hardness of the materials.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
NikA said:
I think your wear is typical of an aluminum-framed revolver. The steel cylinder axis pin/extractor star is harder than the aluminum, and causes wear/sticking. Might get better with polishing the pin, but I doubt you're going to be able to avoid it given the different hardness of the materials.

That didn't even occur to me. Thanks. Reckon I'll just have to live with it - or trade it for my wife's S&W. :wink: