Looking for someone who can rebore a pistol barrel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
Well i am looking for a shop that can rebore a pistol barrel....has anyone here had this done?....thanks in advance God Bless,John
I have a very interesting project and this is the last part to get this started
Thanks in advance
the barrel is currently a 357 and i want to convert this over to 44

jringo8769 said:
Well i am looking for a shop that can rebore a pistol barrel....has anyone here had this done?....thanks in advance God Bless,John
I have a very interesting project and this is the last part to get this started
Thanks in advance
the barrel is currently a 357 and i want to convert this over to 44
44 Mag or 44 Special? The frame is it going to be in will probably also make a difference.

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
The barrels are the same size...same diameter and threads...so if i can find someone who can rebore to 44 ...i will be all set...i know i could just shorten a barrel and reinstall a front sight but this way would look much nicer and lesd work overall

Enigma

Hunter
I think you're going to have trouble finding someone who can rebore your existing barrel. IIRC, even the big smiths like Hamilton Bowen have stopped accepting jobs that involve reboring existing barrels, because there simply isn't anyone available - who is reputable and won't take a lifetime to complete the project.

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
DougGuy said:
You may have better luck looking for a take-off barrel.

well that would be a great idea if they ever made any of these as regular production......the early flat tops from 1956 to 1962 only came in two standard lengths 6.5" and the later 7.5" unless they were special ordered which u could get a 10" and a 15" and two 4 5/8" are known to be made as well...too bad they never made more than a few of these 4 5/8" guns....God Bless,John

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
Robb Barnes said:
Al Siegrist of Siegrist Gun & Machine Shop in Whittemore MI does reboring of existing barrels up to 45 Colt. His number is 1(989)873-3929.

well thank u so much...i will contact him tomorrow...truly appreciate it...i knew someone here must know of someone....God Bless,John

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
Robb Barnes said:
Al Siegrist of Siegrist Gun & Machine Shop in Whittemore MI does reboring of existing barrels up to 45 Colt. His number is 1(989)873-3929.

Well spoke with Al the other day......very nice gentlemen and it was a real pleasure to deal with him too... i can not wait to see his work too...thank u again my friend...if i can help u in any way...please let me know...God Bless,John
truly appreciate it
it will be a few months turn around time...i will also start a thread when i get started with this project too....

Latest posts