Converting single-six hammers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
I may be wacked (it's happened before) but it seems I remember guys fitting full sized Super Blackhawk hammers to single-six rimfire frames.
Can any one explain the process to me on how much has to be removed and if anything else needs to be done. This is all new model stuff. Pictures would be great of work in progress and or finished conversions.
Can't seem to find a Bisley hammer for a single six as a part which would be so much easier.

Look here: https://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSearchQuery=Bisley+hammer+for+Ruger&userItemsPerPage=48
There are two ways to go with the Bisley. One is to open up the grip frame to fit the Bisley style hammer. The other is to 'modify' the hammer to the radius of the original hammer. It takes a little extra work but still fits the grip frame without 'moding' it.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
This NM SBH hammer spur was grafted to an OM single six hammer by tig welding.
I used a thin cut off wheel in a Dremel tool, Start at the corner where the bottom of the spur meets the hammer shank and cut upwards, vertically slanted towards the front about 25 degrees. Cut original hammer the same. Chamfer the edges on bothe pieces to form a slight V groove. Clamp together, tig weld then blend and polish.

standard.jpg

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Hondo44 said:
This NM SBH hammer spur was grafted to an OM single six hammer by tig welding.

Ok, Thanks for that . Probably what I remember is grafted parts. I've held the single seven hammer and the SBH hammer side by side and did not see a way to reshape,,,,but remember seeing the spur on the gun and liking it.
Good , problem solved.