How to reconvert a Blackhawk back to original

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ThomTender

Single-Sixer
I have a 3 screw 45Colt BH that has been converted to the (Safer) configuration. This was done years ago when I had a 71/2 " barrel installed . I met Mr Ruger once while working and he handled the whole operation. I did not even know it was converted until today while installing a SBH Frame. What parts do I need and work is necessary.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Occasionally a set of original (pre transfer bar) parts come up for sale here or on the gun auction sites. Although I know of no instructions for installation it is not real difficult. And guys here will be glad to help.

if it was you that had the work done, and had sent it back?? what did you do with the packaging that is came back to you in??? the parts are most likely still in the box, "under the flap" as they stamp and note on the interior...... without the original parts that were removed when the safety update was done, all the parts can be found and made to be used, and the part "needing" proper fitting would be any newer or different "pawl' that is out in the gun, at least use the pawl from the 'safety update' as that was "fitted" to your gun.....I'd guess all the work can be found on You Tube someplace, as it would be too much for these nontyping fingers to put in order, easier to use a pen or pencil..............or as I have many others do, stop by visit and I'll do it for you, show you how..... 8) :roll: :wink: