H&R Sportsman 999 / 22lr take down info needed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
Anyone got a suggestion on takedown of one of these? I need to change the pawl for a friend. Worried about getting it apart and not being able to get it back together.

Thanks in advance,
Roy

5of7

Hunter
I don't know about the H&R 999, but sometimes you can find a video on you tube that is helpful.

You will, however, need to be selective because some of these you tube videos are not worth watching. 8)

roylt

Hunter
Fox Mike said:
This might help.
http://mobackuper729.weebly.com/blog/download-h-r-sportsman-model-999-manual-free

I am not signing up to a pay site for this but if you would like to download and send me a link or something that would be super cool.

Thanks,

roylt

Hunter
Finally just decided to go for it. Made 3 slave pins to start then took it apart slow. turns out really only need one slave for the sear. Put in a used part from Numrich but it wouldn't allow the hammer to fully cock?? Not sure what happened there but it didn't work. Took it back apart to start over and looked at the original compared to the used part and couldn't tell a difference really. Decided to try to fix the original part. Peened it some to make more material so it could be shaped a little then filed it to shape. fit and it was iffy so back apart. dremel to reshape the part a little with a stone / sand paper / and finally file to finish shaping. Back together and it seems to work. Dry fire only so we'll have to see what happens with real rounds.

Got 7 inches of snow last night so the range will have to wait a bit.

This is my first smith job that is not for myself. Buddies pistol so hope it works.

lark63

Single-Sixer
Schematic
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/hr/revolvers-hr/999