helpful tip

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Johnnu2

Hunter
I snapped the ejector rod housing screw off of my OM 357 Blackhawk... I tried using one off of my new model SS Bisley and it fit perfectly. I ordered 4 screws from Ruger parts (2 blue / 2 SS) and gave them the serial number for my Bisley. They sent them free and I put a blue one in my gun..... perfecto. In case you need them: KXR03302 (new part number for blue screws) and KXR03301 for SS.
John

Asltrfl

Bearcat
Great info, I've broken and damaged more screw heads than I care to remember. These little things can be a pain to fix, thanks for the info!

Johnnu2

Hunter
Just be careful Asltrfl, I've been told that some old model blackhawks use a different ejector rod housing screw (I think there is a different one for the barrels that have a 'nipple' sticking out vs. mine which has the threads going directly into the barrel itself....
J

clean the threads, on the screw, as well as the hole, drop of nail polish or the NON locking( permanent) Loctite, even Gun Glu, what ever and snug them up....let it set up before using, all too often folks are in a hurry ,can;t wait,...........let things dry, and set up, thats the trick.......NO NEED to over tighten, MORE are FUBAR that way than any other, same goes for the proper sized ( fitting)screw driver.....
It ain't rocket science...... 8) :roll: :wink:

Latest posts