Bisley Grip Frame

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
I see Midway & Brownells both have 2 different styles of Bisley grip frames. One steel in the white which would need fitted and blued. The other is stainless steel in the white. My question is about the ss in the white, is this a ruff finish that would need finished & polished just like the steel version? Also does Ruger sell Bisley grip frames already finished & blued?

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
Does Ruger sell finished frames? I sent them an email but no response back as of yet.
So what's the major part that needs fitted, between the ears for the hammer? And your saying that the whole frame will need polishing?
I've been kicking around for awhile now to have my SB 10.5" converted to a Bisley.
And just trying to gather as much info as I can.

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
Just got an email from Ruger saying parts can be purchased subject to availability.
But it would all so need fitted if available.

Enigma

Hunter
Look on GunBroker; there is an unfitted (raw) stainless Bisley frame for sale there now with pretty good pictures. That will enable you to see what areas will need to be fitted. I'd provide a link, but I'm at work and can't access GB.

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
Yes I saw that one if it's the one that includes the hammer and trigger? It's only 15 minuets from me. But I think it's too expensive at $250. I priced everything he's selling at Midway for around $180.
Are all of them in that ruff of condition? The back of the frame has a rectangular hump on it that would need removed.

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
win1894s said:
The reason he can ask that price is most of time there out of stock and back ordered. Jmo

Ruger must have did a run of them because Brownell's has them too

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
nvbirdman said:
I have a stainless for sale. $250 plus shipping. All parts, hammer, trigger, screws, grips.

I figured this was an offer for me to buy seeing how it was posted in my started thread and not the classified section, Guess not. Someone knocked me out of the way while I was sleeping in Ohio between 1:32am and 6:27am Ohio time. WTF

nvbirdman

Blackhawk
I sent Bill an apology for letting someone in line ahead of him. He is right, it was offered in his post so he should have had first chance at it.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
SweetWilliam said:
Yes I saw that one if it's the one that includes the hammer and trigger? It's only 15 minuets from me. But I think it's too expensive at $250. I priced everything he's selling at Midway for around $180.
Are all of them in that ruff of condition? The back of the frame has a rectangular hump on it that would need removed.

Yes, all in the same rough condition. Not right out of the casting mould except on the sides where the fitting is needed. The rest is rough sanded.

If your main frame does not have apertures on the rear surface for the grip frame extensions on the upper front of the grip frame, you will need to mill, saw, or grind them off, Steel grip frames like the Bisleys do not need the added support.