Ruger p94 trigger/hammer issue

Help Support Ruger Forum:

butcherboy1985

Single-Sixer
Hi I just bought a used p94. After cleaning and test firing I've run into a problem. Hope someone can help.... Here's the details.

When I pull the trigger in DA every few times I can pul it all the way and the hammer just stays in the cocked position... It won't fire. In SA it fires just fine. Hope this makes sense.

Any one know what might be causing this?

November

Single-Sixer
There is a cutout in the trigger bar that cams and release the hammer in DA mode. Yours may be out of spec. If you are handy you could detail strip the frame and clean all surfaces, reassemble and test again. If no luck after that, you may need to send it in.

butcherboy1985

Single-Sixer
So gun is going back to Ruger. I cleaned it out, dissambled/reassembled. Problem still exists. Something is worn or out of spec my opinion based on letting several left and right handed shooters test this gun. If you pull the trigger ever so slightly left or right during double action it won't fire. None of my other p guns do this so I've decided not to just " get used to it" as a local smith suggested

roylt

Hunter
I know I am late because you said it is going home to Ruger but do you have another 94 model? Those have a spring that fits in a pocket on the back / inside of the grip. If you take that grip off you could look for drag marks etc. I'm sure it is something simple.

Let us know how it works out.

Latest posts